BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
The Buildings and Grounds Department of Hostos Community College is committed to providing its faculty, staff, and students with facilities that are safe, clean, and well-maintained. We make every effort to provide a healthy campus environment that is conducive to learning and supports the mission of our institution.
The Buildings and Grounds Department is headed by the Chief Administrative Superintendent, Mr. Frank Virone, who reports directly to the Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance, his Administrative Superintendent in charge of Custodial and Laborer operations, Mr. Julio Centeno, and Ms. Diahann McFarlane the Environmental Health & Safety Officer.
- Maintenance (electricians, plumbers, carpenter, general maintenance workers, laborers)
- Environmental Health & Safety
A User’s Guide to Obtaining Services:
- Immediate Needs
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning x4190
- Unusual or Malodors Odors x4190 or x4349 or x6888
- Leaks, Floods or Spills x4488 or x6888
- Bathroom Supplies x4488
- Electrical Outage x4488
- Safety Concerns x4349
- Work Order System - to request non-emergency repairs, cleaning and maintenance tasks such as light bulb replacement, furniture repairs, shelving, painting, floor restoration…
- The work order system organizes the work for each member of our operations staff. Requests for service must not be made to individual members of the engineering, maintenance or custodial staff.
- All requests for service, except for EMERGENCIES must be submitted through the Hostos Work Order System.
Campus Operations is responsible for maintaining the buildings and grounds of Hostos Community College, keeping our facilities in good, working order and providing a comfortable working and learning environment.
- Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and operation of all heating, ventilation, air conditioning, elevators and other major building systems.
- Maintenance deals with routine repair of all campus buildings including electrical, plumbing, painting and carpentry work.
- Housekeeping (custodial) is responsible for the cleaning of all campus property including buildings, sidewalks and parking lots.
- Environmental Health & Safety is responsible for “right to know and hazardous material handling training”, Pestilence, OSHA, EPA, DEC, and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) issues
Contacts: Narda Collazo, Office Assistant x4488
Frank Virone, Chief Administrative Superintendent/ CFO
Julio Centeno, Administrative Superintendent for Custodial Services
Diahann McFarlane, Health &Safety Officer