Ask UsIn-person Reference: Librarians are available during hours of service at the reference desk for in-person research help. They are also available by appointment for individual consultation. Reference area is located on the library's lower level (2nd floor).
Telephone Reference: Please call 718 518 4215 to speak to a reference librarian. At busy times priority will be given to users who are there in person.
Instant Messenger Reference: Librarians are available via IM during selected hours to help you with your research. Please read our FAQ for more information.
Email Reference: Email A Librarian is an email service offered to the Hostos Community College community in order to provide brief library and reference information to individuals working from remote sites. We offer the following types of assistance through Ask A Librarian:
* Help defining your research topic
* Help beginning your research
* Librarians will point you to which databases to use for your research.
* Tips on searching specific databases
* Librarians will help you check Hostos library holdings
* Help with Verifying a citation
* Explanation of library services and policies
If your question is similar in scope to any of these, fill out the form below. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry within 24 hours (excluding holidays and weekends).
If you have any questions regarding the Ask A Librarian service, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions.