Text Version
Hostos Community College logo
2011-2016 Strategic Plan

Hostos Webmail

Hostos Directory

Technology Updates
Financial Aid Home
General Info
How To Apply
Federal Programs
State Programs
Special Programs
Your Aid Online

Financial Aid Questions? Get Video Answers. Click Here >

FATV Counseling
Office of Financial Aid
Office of Financial Aid
Related Links
Are You a New Student?

Dear Entering Student:

Congratulations and welcome to Hostos Community College.  In order to make your transition to higher education as smooth as possible, you will have to follow a number of procedures.  If you are relying on financial aid to cover your cost of education, you should file early, attend our orientations, and adhere to the guidelines specified in our financial aid literature and bulletins.

If you have already filed the 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and completed a TAP application, make sure you visit the Financial Aid office to assure your account has no issues. If you have not filled out the FAFSA and TAP applications, you may do so by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov / www.tapweb.org. We provide help with the FAFSA and TAP at our “Micro-lab”, located in the lower level of the Savoy Manor Building (D-Building), 120 East 149th street, room B102 (visit our website for office hours).  Our staff will help you clarify all questions you might have about your financial aid applications.

To complete your financial aid application, you will need specific documentation and information regarding you, your spouse (if you are married), and/or your parents (if you are classified as a dependent according to federal regulations):

Independent & Dependent students:

  • Your PIN number(www.pin.ed.gov)
  • Your Social Security number
  • Date of marriage/separation/widowed
  • Alien Registration/Permanent Resident Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
  • 2012 Federal tax forms (1040/1040A/1040EZPDF) & W2 formsPDF for yourself, for your spouse if you are married
  • 2012 New York State tax forms (IT-201PDF) for NY state tax filers
  • 2012 income from:
    -Self-employment (If income = at least $9750, tax filing is required)
    -Amount given from other person (such as a relative) for living and personal
    -Support given for child from non-custodial parent such as child support
  • 2012 Unemployment income
  • 2012 untaxed income, such as Social Security benefits, Temporary Assistance for Needy Family (TANF), Veterans benefits
  • Recent Savings & Checking accounts, Investments, Business and Farm assets

Depending on the circumstances of your family, other documents may be necessary.  You can read about the above information and more including: “Filing instructions”, “How do I know if I am an independent student”, “How to view your awards online”, at the “Quick Links” section and also at the FATV section of our webpage: www.hostos.cuny.edu/ofa.

Note: You do not need to have classes registered to apply for Financial Aid.  In the event that you file a Financial Aid application late and/or have complications, you will be required to make a full registration payment to the Bursar’s office (718-518-4373) OR apply for SallieMae tuition payment plan (www.tuitionpay.com/cuny, 866-267-2869).

If you have any questions feel free to contact our office at (718) 518-6555 or e-mail us at finaid@hostos.cuny.edu .  We wish you good luck in your educational endeavors

Yours truly,

The Office of Financial Aid

Back to Previous Page


Caiman Country!!
Eugenio Marķa de Hostos Community College  ·  500 Grand Concourse, Bronx, New York 10451  ·  Phone (718) 518-4444
Mission Statement | Web Site Privacy Policy | Feedback | Site Map
The City University of New York