Scholarship and Awards
- The Hostos Student Leadership Academy also provides scholarship orientations four times a semester to high achieving students, who might benefit from receiving some form of financial reward for their exemplary work in their academic disciplines.
- *The four orientations are usually offered in pairs at two different times throughout the semester.
- Scholarship packets are distributed to all students and several viable scholarships are highlighted, in particular those that are close to deadline dates.
- There is a question and answer period, where students can get some of the answers that they need, with regard to scholarships. However, the orientation is a start off point for students to realize that they can receive guidance and support from the Academy with regard to their scholarship applications and any questions they have throughout the entire year.
- The Academy is also working to develop a set of resources for non-traditional scholarship candidates, as there are many students who attend college who may be eligible for support, without regard to their GPA’s.
- The Academy provides informational support to single moms, non-residents and students looking for work study positions on campus or internships off campus.
Developing a Scholarship Portfolio
Scholarship Orientation Package 2013-2014
If you are interested in receiving scholarship updates from the Office of Leadership Development, please click HERE and fill out the form as completely as possible. You will begin receiving updates once you fill out the form.
Back to Previous Page