Kaplan Leadership Program
All applicants to the Kaplan Leadership Program must meet the following qualifications for consideration:
- Enrollment in an accredited associate's degree program in the New York City area
- Minimum GPA of 3.3 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completion of 12 to 30 non-remedial college credits by application deadline*
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Current recipient of federal and/or state financial aid
- Member of an underserved or underrepresented population
- Desire to transfer to a bachelor's program immediately upon completion of associate's degree
*If you will have earned more than 30 credits towards your degree by the application deadline and are still interested in applying contact the Foundation directly to discuss your situation.
If you will have earned the 12 credit minimum by the end of winter session 2012, your application will be considered if all application components are submitted by the deadline with proof of your winter session enrollment.
All applicants to the Kaplan Leadership Program must submit the following:
- Completed application including personal statement and short answer essays
- 3 Letters of Reference: 1 Academic, 1 Professional, and 1 Personal
- Unoffical transcripts from all colleges attended
- Offical transcripts from all high schools attended OR a copy of GED scores
- Record of employment or internship history
- Student Aid Report (SAR) for '12-'13 academic year
- Award letter from your college for '12-'13 academic year
On Campus Contacts (Champions) The following provides a location on each campus where students can pick up program brochures or get help with their application. If your college is not listed, you meet the Program's eligibility requirements, and you have questions, contact the Foundation at (212) 707-5300.
Hostos Community College
Office of Student Development
Student Services Coordinator
Office of Transfer Services
Student Leadership Coordinator
Questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-707-5300.
Back to Previous Page