Student Government Association and Club Officials
- The Hostos Student Leadership Academy provides guidance and support for the members of the Student Government Association (SGA) and also provides training and feedback to the clubs and organizations.
- Working closely with the Director of Student Activities the Leadership Academy works to help enhance the role of the SGA by providing specialized training in areas of need, such as parliamentary procedure, debate and governance. In addition, the Academy works with the SGA to develop a stronger sense of leadership ethics and working towards accomplishing a set of attainable goals.
- The Leadership Academy also provides guidance and support on excursion and trips, during elections, debates and at school events on campus and off to SGA officials as well as club leaders and members.
- The Leadership Academy is also working collaboratively with the clubs leaders and their organizations to develop programming that will bring in new members, promote diversity and enhance the college experience for as many members of the college community as possible.
- Clubs and organizations can apply to receive assistance and support from the Academy for their events as well as to work directly with the Student Leadership Coordinator to establish a set of rules and regulations for their club or to receive guidance and training in how to set up a meeting, an organized event or an outreach activity.
*Through retreats, workshops and ongoing support and guidance a connection of significance has been made with the SGA, so that the Academy is a natural resource to them in their efforts to provide services, programming and governance to the entire college community.
Back to Previous Page