Strategies for Taking the CUNY Assessment Test in Mathematics
The CUNY Assessment Test in Mathematics is designed to measure students' knowledge of a number of topics in mathematics. The following strategies may be helpful when taking the test:
- Practice math problems without using a calculator. Calculators are permitted to be used in the exam. Students are provided with scratch paper to do the problems.
- Read each problem carefully.
- Pace yourself—do not spend too much time on any single word problem or equation.
- Answer every question. You must answer the question before you can go on to the next one.
- Review the answer you have selected. Once you click “Go On” you may not return to the previous problem.
- Students are strongly encouraged to visit the Hostos website for practice tests and materials to help them prepare for the CUNY Assessment Test in Mathematics: www.hostos.cuny.edu/oaa/compass
The CUNY Assessment Test in Mathematics
Back to Previous Page