File Your Taxes for Free!
Get a free tax preparation and e-file submission through this special IRS approved program. Come to see us during tax season from January through April.
Come see us if you are:
- A student at Hostos CC
- A parent or guardian claiming a Hostos CC student as a dependent
Why see our tax professional?
- The American Opportunity Tax Credit is worth up to $2,500 of the cost of tuition and related expenses, including books. Even if you don't make enough money to file a return, file anyway because you may get up to $1,000 in your refund.
- It's easy and FREE!
- You need to file a tax return in order to file your FAFSA fomr and apply for financial aid.
What do you need to bring?
- Photo ID and social security cards for everyone on tax return
- W-2 forms for each job
- If claiming child care tax credit, documentation & provider tax ID
- Any other tax-related documentation you have received (i.e. 1099)
- If married and filing jointly, spouse must be present.
Eligibility: Students & their parents earning
- Less than $18,000 annually with no children; OR
- Less than $50,000 annually with children
- International Students Welcome!
Tax Preparation provided by: ARIVA - www.arivaonline.org