Instructions for the On-Line Exit Testing Sign-Up
The sign-up period is from 10 a.m. on April 28, 2014 through 5 p.m. on May 7, 2014 (once opened, the system will available 24 hours a day, seven days a week until it closes). During the sign-up period, you may change your testing schedule as many times as you want; as long as there are spaces available in that testing session. All you need is internet access.
How do I sign up for my exit testing sessions?
- Log onto the Internet and go to the Hostos Community College website: www.hostos.cuny.edu.
- On the Hostos home page, you will see a box labeled “On-Line Exit Testing Sign-Up.” (You may have to scroll down the page to locate it!) Click on the box. This will take you to the On-Line Exit Testing Sign-Up System Home Page.
- Read the Instructions on the On-Line Exit Testing Sign-Up System and then click the button labeled ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, enter your Hostos LogIn ID and password in the boxes indicated. Your Hostos LogIn ID is the first part of your Hostos e-mail address. (Example: if your Hostos e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your Hostos Login ID is jsmith123).
- If you have never accessed your Hostos e-mail account, you need to reset your password, or you forgot your password, click on the appropriate link BELOW the login box for more information. You can also visit the IT Help Desk ‘B-424’.
- Click on the button for the test that you want to sign-up for. You can only sign up for the tests that you are eligible for. For example, if you are NOT in a reading course, you cannot sign up for the Reading Test. If you try to sign up for a test for which you are not eligible, you will receive a message telling you that you cannot sign up for that test and to contact your professor; not The Testing Center.
- When you have selected the testing session you want, click “Save This Appointment.”
- PRINT OUT YOUR TESTING SESSION CONFIRMATION. You are strongly encouraged to print a copy of your schedule so that you will have a record of the date, time, and place of your exit tests.
STUDENTS MUST NOT SELECT A TESTING SESSION THAT CONFLICTS WITH THEIR CLASS SCHEDULE
Can I print a copy of my testing schedule?
- Yes! Click on the button labeled “View Testing Schedule.” When the schedule comes up on the computer screen, you will see a button labeled “Print Schedule”.
REMEMBER, THIS IS YOUR FINAL EXAM. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW YOUR TEST SCHEDULE.
What happens after I sign up for my Exit Tests?
- You come to the assigned room (B-207 or Savoy building ‘D-202’, depending on the test) on your scheduled testing day and time with pens and #2 pencils and Valid photo ID card. No admission slips will be handed out. Students are responsible for bringing their own pens and pencils. NO pens and pencils will be handed out or available at the testing sessions. Students who do not have a VALID photo ID with them will NOT be admitted into the testing room.
What if I show up late for my exam?
- Once the exam has commenced, you will not be allowed into the room. YOU MUST ARRIVE ON TIME for your scheduled exam.
What if I need to change my testing date after the online sign up period closes?
- You must come to the Testing Center (Room B-207) to seek assistance.
What if I don’t have my own computer?
- Free public computers are available throughout the Hostos campus. The Academic Computing Center, Library, and HALC all have computers and staff available to assist students.
What if I miss the testing session that I signed up for?
- You must come to the Testing Center immediately.
What if I miss ALL of the testing sessions?
- Students who miss all of the testing sessions must contact their professor immediately.
What if I need special accommodations?
Students must first register for the test(s) that is needed and then take the copy of your test schedule to the Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) (Room D-101P) to setup the necessary accommodations.
Students are responsible for knowing which
they have signed up for and when they are scheduled.
When you come for your
test(s), you MUST bring pens and #2 pencils, regardless of which
test you are taking. NO pens or pencils will be distributed or
available at the testing sessions. Students taking the CUNY
Assessment Test in Writing (CATW) may bring a paperback or hardcover
dictionary to the test. (No electronic dictionaries are permitted.)
YOU MUST BRING YOUR VALIDATED
HOSTOS STUDENT ID CARD TO THE TEST.
NO STUDENTS WILL BE PERMITTED INTO THE
WITHOUT THEIR VALIDATED HOSTOS
STUDENT ID CARD.
If you have any questions
regarding the sign up process, please visit the Testing Center, Room B-207, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00
p.m., Monday through Friday.