The website resources listed below provide students opportunities to learn more about the CUNY ASSESSMENT TESTS and many other academic subjects. Click on the subject of interest to gather more information.
- Purdue On-line Writing Lab : One of the most comprehensive on-line writing labs. Nicely organized by topics with printable handouts on the writing process, grammar and mechanics. Some online grammar and punctuation exercises.
- CUNY WriteSite : Good for general and specialized writing and grammar. Gives explanations and interactive exercises. Resources also for teachers and tutors.
- Richmond : Good explanations for the writing process, especially for getting started and writing in different disciplines.
- Powa : This site will take you step-by-step through the writing process with activities to enhance comprehension.
Grammar Slammer: Short definitions and
examples of grammar points and confusing word pairs.
Commnet: Very didactic with good explanations
A classic in style. Brief explanation of some
- ESL Sites
Guide to Grammar and Style: Alphabetically
ordered, quick reference guide. Well written
with a sense of humor.
Instruction with Attitude: Excellent site.
Explanations of various grammatical terms and
constructions; interactive exercises for key grammar
issues; and lots of humor included!
Resource Center: Exercises in reading, writing,
vocabulary, grammar, spelling (with audio) and
pronunciation. Links to news, sports, etc.
Liberal Arts Resources
- taxsites.com : A great hub of various websites related to accounting and taxation
- bls.gov : Department of Labor
- nala.org : National Association of Legal Assistants
- adha.org : American Dental Hygienists' Association
- ada.org : American Dental Association