CUNYfirst stands for "Fully Integrated Resources and Services Tool." These new processes are streamlining and standardizing how everyday things are done throughout the University, from registering for classes to paying our bills. New applications are being implemented in phases to replace aging legacy systems. The entire project will establish CUNY processes well into the future.
- Featuring an interconnected University-wide system that effectively ties into and manages students' education and records; faculty/staff employment and benefits information; and all College business operations.
Industry Best Practices
- Putting into place systems and procedures that comply with CUNY's common goal of providing the best customer service to students, faculty, staff, and community.
Standardization without loss of identity
- Implementing common processes that can be accepted across the University, while allowing campuses to continue their unique missions.
- Making available modern systems and processes that allow each user more control and flexibility.
Accurate and timely information to better serve students, faculty, and staff
- Accessing information when we need it so we can perform our work on our timetable.
Replacement of aging computer systems
- Retiring systems that are have reached their capacity and replacing them with modern educational and business systems.